5 MORE Unexpected Foods that will help you Lose Weight
By Keri Glassman, R.D.
Because I received such a great response from the related article I posted, "5 Unexpected Foods that will help you lose weight," I decided to follow up with another article by the same R.D., Keri Gassman.
1. Mango. Move over orange. This tropical fruit packs major vitamin C, a antioxident that stoked fat-burning flames.
2. Artichoke. Fiber-rich 'chokes help you slow down (peeling and scraping the flesh from each leaf takes time), which keeps you from overdoing it.
3. Oats. One recent study found that eating this hearty grain every day can lower BMI and may help whittle belly bulge.
4. Beets. Certain compounds in the sweet root veggie may increase your stamina, so you can work out for about 15% longer.
5. Black Beans. By slowing the enzymes that turn starch to sugar, the plant-based protein helps keep blood glucose levels (and appetite!) in check.
Excerpt from Women's Health June 2015.