5 Unexpected Foods that will help you Lose Weight.
By Keri Glassman,R.D.
1. Grass-Fed Beef Tenderloin. This type of beef contains conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) which has been known to help lose belly fat (and has cancer-fighting benefits too).
2. Unsweetened Coconut Flakes. They are loaded with medium-chain triglycerides that are burned as energy (rather than stored like other fats).
3. Spinach. People who downed drinks made with an extract of this low-cal super green lost 43 percent more weight than those given a placebo, thanks to hunger squashers called thylakoids.
4. Quick-Cooking Barley. Carbs to lose weight? Apparently. Though whole-grain hulled barley has more fiber (and takes longer to cook) this low-glycemic variety is digested slowly so you stay full longer.
5. Cherries. Cherries contain the natural sleep hormone melatonin. More sleep has been linked to weight loss. But don't eat the whole bag! Cherries have a lot of sugar. Just a few before bedtime will do the trick.
Excerpt taken from Women's Health. July/Aug 2015.